Friday, June 3, 2011

Promotion Fridays

I'm starting a new series that will post each week titled "Promotion Fridays". While I'll still focus on how to get a job in my blog on the other days, I have realized that many people desire to be promoted but don't quite know how to get there. In fact, I frequently witness employees who deeply desire to be promoted but behave in ways that result in them being out of the running. Therefore, I've decided to devote one day a week on tips about how to get promoted.

Why trust my advice? In the 3 jobs that I've held over the 6 years that I've been in the work force, I've been promoted 4 times. However, the credit really goes to my father who prepared me to perform in a way that would make me easily "promotable". You see, since I was little, the number one thing my father told me (after "I love you") was "Be your own boss". In each job I've had, my dad and I would discuss how I wanted to grow, with the hopes of one day "being the boss." So these Friday postings will largely be nuggets of his advice that have served me very well. I realize that not everyone has fathers who are as knowledgable about getting promoted, so you will all get to benefit from his wisdom! Thanks, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment